May you have a terrific Tuesday!!
Guess what today is? Yep, it is trivia Tuesday!! Trivia is fun and a great way to learn!! What is your favorite trivia game to play? Today Joey wants to tell you a little about the history of the fishing rod. The fishing rod is used to catch fish!! Did you know that the fishing rod/pole has been around since the ancient Egyptian times? Fishing rods/poles can date all the way back to around 2000 B.C.
Can you answer this trivia question?
Which one of these fishing tackle pieces holds the hook at a desired depth in the water?
A.) Hook B.) Bobber C.) Sinkers D.) Jig
Facts about the fishing rod/pole:
1. The first fishing poles were made from bamboo and hazel shoots with a string attached to it. There are many different types of fishing rods/poles. Here is a list of some of those in ABC order:
Ice fishing rods
Sea fishing rods
2. Sometime during the 1600’s fishing tackle was improved. Fishing tackle is all the equipment that is used for fishing such as the rods/poles, bait, hooks, lines, and various other tackle items.
3. During the late 1800’s fishing rods were made thinner and sturdier by using bamboo.
4. There are lots of different types of bait for fishing rods. Some people that fish use live bait such as worms, minnows, crickets, shrimp, and sea worms.
5. In 2020 about 55 million people went fishing at least once during the year! That is a lot of people.
6. The longest fishing rod in the world measures a little over 73 feet long.
7. June 18th is National Go Fishing Day!!
Can you share a fact about fishing with us?
Books about fishing:
1. Freshwater Fishing for Kids by Melanie Howard
2. Fishing: A Guide to Fresh and Salt-Water Fishing by George Fichter
3. André Goes Fishing: by Mikaela Wilson
4. The Everything Fishing Book: by Ronnie Garrison
Parents/caretakers make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Get your free fishing printable coloring sheet here: Fishing coloring sheet
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Valentine’s Day and Saint Patrick’s Day printables are now available!!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming very soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!