Happy Tasty Tuesday to you!!
May your day be filled with lots of good tasting food!!
Name a food you absolutely love? Joey and Jinger love pizza!!
Did you know taste is one of the five senses?
Here is a list of five human senses in ABC order:
1. Hear- Sound waves enter our ears and travel through our tiny ear canals that lead to the eardrum.
2. See- Light enters the eye through the cornea. That light passes through the cornea and hits the eye lens. The light moves to the retina and the optic nerve transmits the visual information to the brain.
3. Smell- We inhale air that contains odor. That air binds to receptors inside our nose and then the odor messages get sent to our brain.
4. Taste- When you eat, your saliva helps break down your food. The receptor cells that are located in your taste buds sends messages to your brain through your sensory nerves.
5. Touch- Our skin is the biggest organ on our body and every part of our skin has touch receptors which travel along the sensory nerves that connect to the spinal cord and the signals are sent to the brain.
Here is a tasty recipe for you to try out if you like salmon. I hope it makes your taste buds happy. Enjoy!!!
If you have any allergies to any ingredients please don’t eat!
Salmon Burger Recipe:
4 tablespoons of olive oil; divided
8 cloves of garlic minced
1 onion diced small
3 6oz cans of skinless boneless Pink Salmon; drained
6 tablespoons of Mayo
1 tablespoon of mustard
1/4 cup italian bread crumbs
2 slices of bread ripped into small pieces
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of pepper
Get all your ingredients together. Mince the garlic and dice the onion. Fry the onion and garlic with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan on medium high heat for about 7 minutes or until golden brown; stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and set aside. In a large bowl put the drained salmon, mayo, mustard, salt, pepper, Italian bread crumbs, ripped up bread, 2 eggs, and the cooked onion and garlic; mix up well with your hands or a fork and form into 6 burgers. In the same pan that you cooked the onion and garlic in add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil and let heat up add the 6 salmon burgers to the pan and cook on medium high heat for about 8 to 10 minutes on each side or until desired level of doneness is achieved; be sure not to burn them. Remove the burgers from the pan and set on a plate with paper towels to drain excess oil off them. Serve on a multi grain roll or bread of your choice with lettuce, pickles, cheese, mayo, mustard, and ketchup or whatever your heart desires.
Here is a list of books about the five senses:
1. Look, Listen, Taste, Touch, and Smell: by Pamla Nettleton
2. My Five Senses by Aliki
3. Baby Loves the Five Senses: by Ruth Spiro
4. Our Amazing Senses by Jodi Wheeler-Toppen
5. Taste (The Five Senses Series) by Maria Rius
Parents please be sure books are child friendly before reading to your child/children.
My book JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, and Target. Be on the lookout for the second book in the series JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S coming soon.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page