Happy Weird and Wacky Wednesday!!
I pray your day is filled with lots of learning!!
Have you ever heard of an Axolotl before? They are so cute!! Joey wants to tell you guys all about this amazing aquatic amphibian! They are actually aquatic salamanders! They stay looking like babies their entire life. They come in a range of colors and have a unique ability to regrow their lost body parts. Isn’t that weird but amazing that they can regrow certain body parts when they lose them? Yes, that is right when they lose a limb, they can regrow it back in as little as three weeks. When the limb is lost nearby cells travel to the injury site and the regeneration process starts. We live in a very fascinating world! There is so much we can learn from the world around us!
Here is a list of some facts about the Axolotl:
1. They can live up to 15 years.
2. They can regenerate certain body parts.
3. They are native to Mexico's Lake Xochimilco and Lake Chalco.
4. Axolotls are a Critically Endangered species.
5. They stay looking like babies their entire life.
6. Axolotls can grow up to 18 inches long.
7. They eat worms, small fish, and many other things that live in the water.
8. Axolotls do not have eyelids so they sleep with their eyes open.
Here is a list of books about Axolotls:
1. Axolotl!: Fun Facts by Susan Mason
2. Cute as an Axolotl: by Jess Keating
3. Axolotl Finds a Bottle by Lesley Sims
4. Axolotls: Day to ZZZ by Stephanie Campisi
5. Aristotle the Axolotl by Gaynor Corkery
6. IslandSmiles Press
Please make sure all books are child friendly before reading to your child/children.
My book JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, and Target. Be on the lookout for the second book in the series JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S coming soon.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page