Happy Wacky Wednesday to you!!
May you have an awesome day filled with lots of learning!!
Jinger wants to tell you a little information about wolves! Did you know that wolves are the largest member of the dog family? Wolves vary in size depending on the type of wolf. Their height from nose-to-tail can be up to 6 foot long. They can weigh as much as 170 pounds. There are about 37 different types of wolves. Gray wolves are the largest of the wolves.
Facts about wolves:
1. Wolves will use their eyes, ears, tails, and facial expressions, as ways to communicate with other wolves. They also communicate by barks, growls, howling, and whimpers.
2. Adult wolves have 42 teeth.
3. Wolves behave like families in a group called pacts. The pact usually consists of one female adult wolf and one male adult wolf and their offspring of different ages.
4. The family/pact of wolves live in a den when the pups are born. Baby wolves are called pups. The pups weigh about 1 pound at birth. Wolf pups are usually born in the spring. All family members of the pact help care for the pups.
5. The Arabian gray wolf is the smallest type of all the different types of wolves.
6. Wolves can run on average about 38 miles per hour for short bursts of time.
7. Wolves paws are very large and they have a small layer of webbing between their toes, which means they can swim quite well and walk on snow without sinking. Wolves have four toes on their back feet and five toes on their front feet. The fifth toe on the front feet is known as the dewclaw, not all wolves have dewclaws.
8. Wolves are carnivores which means they eat mostly meat. They will eat vegetables but only rarely.
Can you share a fact about wolves with us? What is your favorite kind of wolf or dog?
Books and movies about wolves:
1. Wolves Of North America by Speedy Publishing LLC
2. Watch Wolf by Kathryn Lasky
3. Wolves by Gail Gibbons
4. Den of Wolves by Jordan Quinn
5. The Legend of Wolf Mountain (DVD)
6. Peter and the Wolf (DVD)
7. Balto (DVD)
8. Alpha & Omega (DVD)
Parents please make sure books and movies are child friendly before reading or watching them with your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated both of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are published and are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page