Happy Mousy Monday!!
May your day be filled with lots of learning and fascinating stuff!!
Today is a great day to learn!! Learning is good for the brain. You are never too old to learn new things! Keep your brain healthy and learn something new every day!
Joey wants to tell you a little about mice. Some people have mice as pets. Mice are very fascinating little creatures, but they can also be pesky little critters. Winter is approaching fast and mice try to find warm places to live. Mice can squeeze through very tiny holes or other openings in your home by flattening out their bodies. Mice have a collapsible ribcage which makes their ribs able to flex much more than any other mammal and that is how they are able to fit through tiny holes and other small openings.
I think mice are adorable, but I don’t like sharing a home with them!! Do you like mice?
Facts about mice:
1. Mice do not have good eyesight, but once they learn how to maneuver through an area, they never forget it.
2. Mice have excellent hearing and a very good sense of smell.
3. Mice communicate by squeaking, chirping, and singing to other mice. They also use their noses, ears, and bodies to communicate.
4. Mice are excellent climbers and they can jump up to 12 inches or more!
5. Mice are nocturnal critters. They do not like bright lights.
6. Mice are omnivores. They eat plants and other animals.
7. Mice love to chew and gnaw on stuff because their teeth never stop growing. In order to keep their teeth from growing too long they have to grind their teeth on tough foods, and chew and gnaw on other stuff.
8. Mice have a good memory. They can remember their way in and out of homes. They can remember their family.
Can you share a fact about mice with us?
Books about mice:
1. Pet Mice - Your Pet Mouse Happy Care Guide by Ben Little
2. The Kitten Who Thought He Was a Mouse by Miriam Norton
3. The Mouse in the House by Dori Bush
4. National Geographic Readers: Squeak! by Rose Davidson
Parents make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming soon in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
Post a Comment