🌈Happy rainbowtastic day to you!!🌈
Are you ready to learn about some new awesome fun facts? Joey would like to tell you all about the game called Candyland (Candy Land)!! Candyland is a board game. Did you know that Candyland was actually invented by a woman named Eleanor Abbott in 1948? She was in the hospital diagnosed with polio. There was a lot of very sick children in there with polio too. So, Eleanor Abbott who was a retired school teacher decided to make a game for all the children to play. The Candyland (Candy Land) game kept the children busy and gave them something fun to do for hours. Sometime in 1949 Eleanor Abbott sold the game to Milton Bradley. Candyland was one of the first board games that I learned to play as a child. My siblings and I loved playing this game. It entertained us for hours! It makes a great game for families to play together.
Have you played the Candyland board game?
Facts about Candyland (Candy Land):
1. Candyland is one of the games that helped make Milton Bradley famous. Candyland is currently made by Hasbro.
2. Adam Sandler was going to star in a film based on the Candyland game. It was going to be a live action film. The movie has not been made due to legal reasons.
3. Candyland (Candy Land) is one of the top selling board games each year. An average of one million units are sold each year. More than fifty million board games have been sold since its release.
4. As of 2022 Candyland (Candy Land) has been around for 74 years.
5. There are over 20 different theme version of Candyland.
Here is a list some of those:
Candyland Giant edition
Candyland Unicorn edition
Candyland Retro series edition
Candyland 65th anniversary edition
Candyland Disney Princess edition
Candyland Vintage bookshelf edition
Candyland The Kingdom of Sweets edition
Candyland My Little Pony edition
Candyland Colorforms Travel edition
6. Candyland is a 2 to 4 player game. Age stated on box to play is 3+ years old. Some of the skills that the game Candyland could teach to toddlers are social skills, learning colors, counting, understanding directions, how to take turns with others, helps imagination, and how to follow rules.
Share a fact about Candyland (Candy Land) with us?
Books about Candyland:
1. Candyland (Hasbro Children's Book Collection) by Gail Herman
2. Hasbro Candy Land: Colors: by Insight Kids
3. CandyLand Jumbo Coloring and Activity Book by Hasbro
4. Hasbro Candy Land: Birthday Surprise! by Golden Books
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! "Don't have a good day; have a GREAT day!" -Free Guy the movie.
Check out my free printable coloring pages and worksheets! 4th of July printables now available.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
If you are an author and would like to feature your book on my website, please check out my feature book section here:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
I’m the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. All four of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Post a Comment