Good day to you!!
Joey and Jinger want to know if you have ever heard of the Philippine eagle before? They think the Philippine eagle is cute because of the fluffy feathers on top of its head. Joey and Jinger would like me to tell you all about this very rare and majestic bird. The Philippine eagle was also known as the monkey eating eagle. It is in their nature to eat other animals such as monkeys and lemurs. The Philippine eagle is a carnivore. Carnivore means that they eat meat.
Are you ready to read some more interesting facts about this amazing eagle?
Facts about the Philippine eagle:
1. The giant Philippine eagle is the largest of the eagles because of its wide wing span and length. It can get a little over 3 feet in length. It can weigh as much as 18 pounds. Its wing span can be up to 7 feet wide. No wonder it is the biggest eagle in the world.
2. A group of Philippine eagles is called an aerie, congregation, or convocation. Baby eagles are called fledglings or eaglets.
3. The Philippine Eagle is the Philippines national bird. It became the national bird of the Philippines in 1995.
4. The Philippine eagle can live up to 40 years in the wild. A Philippine eagle has been recorded to have lived 46 years in captivity at an eagle center in the Philippines.
5. The Philippine eagles have very good vision. Their eyes are a steel bluish-gray color. Their eyesight is more than 6 times better than human’s eyesight. They can spot a predator over a mile away.
6. Where do you think the Philippine eagle is from? Yep, you guessed right! It is from the Philippines. They are native to only four of the over 7000 islands that make up the Philippines. The islands where the Philippine eagles can be found are:
7. The Philippine eagles build their nests way up high on a tree in the forest or other high area elevations.
8. The Philippine eagle is diurnal and does all its hunting, eating, nesting, and other activity during the day light hours. They rest/sleep during the night time hours.
Share a fact about Philippine eagles with us?
Get your free printable Philippine eagle worksheet here:
Visit my printables section for a wide selection of worksheets and coloring sheets!
Books about eagles:
1. An Eagle's Feather: Based on a story by the Philippine Eagle Foundation by Minfong Ho
2. The Bald Eagle by Lisa Herrington
3. DK Eyewitness Books: Eagle and Birds of Prey by David Burnie
4. Is a Bald Eagle Really Bald? by Martha Rustad
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! Don’t forget that "One small positive thought can change your whole day."-Zig Ziglar
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.