Happy day to you!!
Are you ready to learn?
Who loves goats? Maybe you have a pet goat? Maybe you live on a farm where there are goats? Which ever it may be you can learn some cool goat facts here. Did you know that goats are capable of learning their name and will come to you when called? Goat are very intelligent animals. They are also very clean animals.
What is your favorite kind of animal?
Facts about goats:
1. There are about 200 types/breeds of goats. Here is a list of some of the goats:
- La Mancha
2. Goats come in all shapes and sizes but the Pygmy goat is one of the smallest breeds of goat. Pygmy goats can get up to twenty-three (23) inches tall and weigh up to seventy (70) pounds or more.
3. Boer goats are one of the largest breeds of goats. Boer goats can get up to three (3) feet tall and weigh up to two-hundred and fifty (250) pounds or more.
4. Goats are herbivores. Herbivores only eat vegetation. Goats eat grass, hay, tree leaves, weeds, and other plants.
5. Goats come in a variety of colors such as different shades of black, brown, gray, red, and white. They can have stripes or be spotted or they can be one solid color.
6. A group of goats are referred to as a herd, tribe, or trip. A female goat is called a nanny goat or a doe. A male goat is called a buck or billy goat. Baby goats are called kids.
7. Angora goats grow a wool/hair/fur that is called mohair. Mohair is used to make fabrics, yarn, and sweaters.
8. Goats can live on average up to 18 years old. McGinty was the oldest goat ever. She lived to be 22 years and five months old.
9. If you live in Maryland or plan to visit in the future you can stop by Kinder Farm Park located in Severna Park, Maryland, and see goats and other farm animals. Here is the link to their website: Kinder Farm Park
Share a fact about goats with us?
Get your free printable Goat worksheet here:
Books about goats:
1. Let's Count Goats! by Mem Fox
2. Raising Goats: A Beginner's Guide to a Healthy Herd by Daniel A. Hart
3. G is for Goat by Patricia Polacco
4. Your Goats: A Kid's Guide to Raising and Showing by Gail Damerow
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Short Story Alert:
There was a goat named Mars who loved to watch over his family. Everyday he would stand guard over them. He loved his family and would do whatever it took to keep them safe. Mars the goat would get all his children together and they would listen to the stories of when he was younger. They would all sit and listen very closely because they did not want to miss one single word. You see Mars the goat was a very good story teller and all his children loved listening to their father's stories. They learned a lot from the wise words of their father and all his stories. The end!
Thank you for reading my post!! “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.”-Dr. Suess
Check these free printables out:
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.
Post a Comment