Howdy to you!!
Are you ready to learn some cool facts?
Today we are going to learn some quick facts about the Eiffel Tower! Have you ever been to or seen the Eiffel Tower? If so, you know how tall it is! Did you know that the Eiffel Tower was designed and built by Alexandre Gustave Eiffel and his company? Alexandre Gustave Eiffel had over 145 workers to help build the enormous tower! They began building the Eiffel Tower on January 26, 1887 and the tower was completed on March 31, 1889. The Eiffel Tower is made out of mostly iron (puddle iron).
What is your favorite tower?
With your parent/caretaker’s permission you can click on the link below to see some pictures of the Eiffel Tower: Click here
Facts about the Eiffel Tower:
1. The Eiffel Tower is about 1083 feet tall! That is very tall. The average two story house is about 20 feet tall.
2. There is a secret/private apartment in the Eiffel Tower that was designed by Alexandre Gustave Eiffel. It is located on the third floor of the tower.
3. The Eiffel Tower is located in Paris, France.
4. The Eiffel Tower’s nickname is the Iron Lady. La dame de fer is French for the Iron Lady.
5. The Eiffel Tower has been painted over 18 times since it was built. About every seven (7) years the Eiffel Tower is repainted. The Tower has been painted with shades of reddish brown, yellow, yellowish brown, bronze, and other similar colors. It can take over 18 months or longer to repaint the Eiffel Tower.
6. The Eiffel Tower was built for the 1889 World’s Fair in Paris. The tower was also built to commemorate/celebrate the 100-year anniversary of the French Revolution.
7. There are over 5 million people that visit the Eiffel Tower each year.
8. For just over 40 years the Eiffel Tower used to be the tallest building in the world. There has been many other buildings over the years that are taller now such as the Empire State Building and the Chrysler Building.
Share a fun fact about the Eiffel Tower with us?
Books about the Eiffel Tower:
1. Where Is the Eiffel Tower? by Dina Anastasio
2. The Eiffel Tower Book For Kids by Mangano Amanda
3. A Walk in Paris by Salvatore Rubbino
4. The Twins Go to the Eiffel Tower by Catherine Alford
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Short story alert:
Once upon a time there was a beautiful robin who built a bird nest in a tree near the Eiffel Tower in Paris, France. The robin laid 3 delicate cream-colored eggs in the nest. The eggs were the loveliest cream color with tiny little red speckles the robin had ever seen. The robin sat on her eggs to keep them warm for almost 15 days unless she was out hunting for food to eat. When the mother robin wasn’t sitting on her eggs to keep them warm or hunting for food to eat, she would perch near the top of the Eiffel Tower and watch all the people going by. On the 14th day the eggs started slowly hatching one by one until there were three tiny baby robins for the parents to care for. Both parents of the baby robins take turns feeding them. For about 3 weeks the parents feed their beautiful baby birds. After two weeks of the baby robins being in the nest the parents gently nudge them from the nest to teach them how to fly and take care of themselves. One by one the baby robins are gently and safely pushed from the tree. All three of the baby birds land safely on the ground where they learn to fly and feed themselves. THE END!
Thank you for reading my post!! “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.”-William James
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.