Hey ya’ll!! Happy Thankful Thursday!!
Have a Gigantic Grateful day filled with lots of Gratitude!
We are on letter Gg of the Gratitude Alphabet! G is for Giraffe!
Joey is grateful for Giraffes! He loves to visit the zoo and feed the giraffes!! He loves to snuggle with his stuffed giraffe! Do you have a favorite stuffed animal?
Do you know what gratitude means? It means to be thankful for the good things in your life and to show appreciation when someone does something kind for you.
What are you thankful for that begins with the letter Gg?
Here is a list of fun facts about Giraffes:
1. A giraffe has four stomachs.
2. The giraffe is the tallest mammal in the world.
3. Giraffes can live up to 31 years in captivity and up to 25 years in the wild.
4. The oldest giraffe in the world as of now is named Mutangi and she will turn 31 this October. She lives in the Taronga Western Plains Zoo!
5. Giraffes can get up to twenty feet tall!
6. Giraffes spend most of their time standing up. They can sleep standing up or lying down. They sleep a total of about 5 hours a day, but they only sleep up to 35 minutes at a time.
7. Giraffes are herbivores. Herbivores only eat plants.
8. All giraffes are unique. Their spots are a lot like human fingerprints; no two giraffes have the same pattern of spots.
Here is a list of books about Gratitude and/or Giraffes:
1. The Giraffe Who Found Its Spots by Adisan Books
2. The Grateful Giraffe: by Giselle Shardlow
3. Laughing Giraffe by Mwenye Hadithi
4. Gratitude is My Superpower: by Alicia Ortego
5. Gratitude the Great by Pamelyn Rocco
6. My Attitude of Gratitude: by Melissa Winn
Please make sure all books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
My book JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, and Target. Be on the lookout for the second book in the series JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S coming soon.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page