Happy Toothy Tuesday!!
May your day be bright and shiny!
Joey wants to tell you all about teeth!!
Did you know that babies are born with 20 teeth already developed in their jaw? They just take a little while to erupt through the gumline. Babies will on average get their first tooth around four to six months of age. Some will get their first tooth sooner and some will get it later! Some babies are born with teeth also known as natal teeth already in their mouth. Your baby teeth start to fall out on average between the ages of 5 and 7 and by time you are 13 you should have lost all your baby teeth. All baby teeth are replaced by adult teeth. By the time you reach adulthood you will have 32 teeth. It is important to keep your teeth brushed! Brush them at least twice a day!! Brushing your teeth helps to remove plaque from your teeth! Plaque is a sticky film that is formed on your teeth and if it isn’t removed it will turn into tarter which can damage your teeth if not taken care of properly. Be sure to see your dentist at least twice a year for cleanings so your teeth can stay healthy.
Facts about teeth:
1. No two people have teeth that are exactly alike! Your teeth are unique just like your fingerprints.
2. Tooth enamel is the hardest part of your body. It is even stronger than your bones! It is made of calcium and phosphate mineral crystals!
3. Your teeth are used to cut, tear, and chew your food.
4. Humans only have two sets of teeth; adult teeth and baby teeth! Teeth can’t repair themselves. So take good care of your adult teeth when you get them!
5. There are five types of teeth: incisors, canines, premolars, molars, and third molars. Teeth on the upper jaw are referred to as maxillary and teeth on the bottom jaw are referred to as mandibular.
6. In 1780 The first mass produced tooth brush was invented by William Addis of England.
7. You will spend about 38 days brushing your teeth during your lifetime.
8. Don’t skip flossing! If you don’t floss your teeth you may miss about 40% of the tooths surface. So, floss all your teeth regularly.
Can you share a fact about teeth with us? If you’d like you can share a pic of your beautiful smiles with us!
Books about teeth:
1. The Tooth Book: by Edward Miller
2. All about Teeth by Mari Schuh
3. Tooth Fairy Trouble by Marty Kelley
4. Why We Go to the Dentist by Rosalyn Clark
5. Daniel Goes to the Dentist by Alexandra Schwartz
6. Going to the Dentist by Anne Civardi
Parents please make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated both of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are published and are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page