Happy Seahorse Sunday!!
May you have a nice and relaxing day!!
Joey wants to tell you all about seahorses! Seahorses live mainly in shallow coastal areas and are found in both tropical and temperate waters all over the world. Seahorses do not have stomachs so they have to eat a lot because their food goes straight through their digestive tract. The adult seahorse can eat up to fifty times a day!!
Facts about seahorses:
1. Seahorses can get up to 14 inches long.
2. Seahorses eat small crustaceans.
3. They are very slow swimmers.
4. They don’t look like a fish, but they are! However, they do not have scales like fish do.
5. Seahorses can live up to five years.
6. They have excellent camouflage and can hide well from most predators.
7. There are about 46 species of seahorses.
8. Just like humans have unique fingerprints each seahorse has a small crown called a coral net and it is different on each individual seahorse.
Can you share a fact about seahorses with us? What is your favorite kind of sea creature?
Books about seahorses:
1. Facts About the Seahorse by Lisa Strattin
2. Seahorses by Valerie Bodden
3. Goodnight, Seahorse by Carly Fletcher
4. Secret Seahorse by Stella Blackstone
5. Counting Sea Life with the Little Seahorse by Sheri Fink and Derek Kent
6. Seahorses For Beginners by Mike French
Parents please make sure all books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated both of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are published and are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!