Happy Magnifying Monday!!
May your day be Magnificent!!
Joey wants to know if you have ever used a magnifying glass to look at stuff? A magnifying glass makes everything appear much bigger than what it is. Joey likes to look at ants with a magnifying glass. A magnifying glass is a lens that has a handle on it so you can hold it in your hand and look through it and be able to see the fine tiny details on stuff. A magnifying glass can make an object appear 2 to 3 times bigger. They have ones that can make objects as big as 5 to 10 times bigger. Roger Bacon invented the magnifying glass. The first time the magnifying glass was mentioned as being used was in 1268.
Facts about the magnifying glass:
1. A magnifying glass is a convex lens that is made of glass or plastic. Convex lenses are used in eyeglasses, telescopes, projectors, cameras, and microscopes. The human eye even has a convex lens. A convex lens is usually thinner at the edges and thicker in the center. Convex lenses are used to bring distant light rays to a focus in your eyes. It helps make things appear bigger and more focused.
2. Magnifying glasses come in lots of different styles and sizes.
3. Magnifying glasses are used as vision aids. They help people see better.
4. A loupe is a small magnification device that is used to see very small details more closely. It magnifies things better than a magnifying glass.
5. Scientists use magnifying lenses to study tiny germs and tiny insects. People use magnifying lenses to study stamps and coins.
6. You can look at a butterfly with a magnifying glass to see all its beautiful details.
You can help your child’s critical thinking and fine motor skills by letting them use a magnifying glass to let them see things they haven’t seen up close before like a tiny ant or other small insects.
Can you share a fact about magnifying glasses with us?
Books about magnifying glasses:
1. I Use Science Tools by Kelli Hicks
2. Glasses by Rosa France
3. Our Eyes Can See by Jodi Wheeler-Toppen
4. Bugs Up Close: A Magnified Look by John Hallmen
Parents make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming soon in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page