Happy Trivia Tuesday!!
May your day be terrific!!
Do you like Trivia and learning? Learning is good for you and trivia is fun!!
Joey wants to know if you know what the largest ocean in the world is?
Did you know that there is only one ocean and it is called the Global Ocean and it is a very large continuous body of salt water? The Global Ocean is broken down into five basins/oceans: The Arctic, Atlantic, Indian, Pacific, and Southern Oceans. The Ocean covers more than 70% of the earth’s surface. Did you know that because of how vast our ocean is only about 5% of the world’s ocean has been explored?
Facts about the oceans:
1. There are volcanoes and mountains on the ocean floor.
2. The biggest animal in the ocean is the Blue Whale.
3. The Mid Ocean Ridge is the largest chain of underwater mountains.
4. Scientist estimate that at least 50% to 70% of oxygen production on Earth is produced from the ocean.
5. There are over 220,000 different species of living creatures living in the ocean and millions more that have not been discovered or studied yet.
6. The Arctic Ocean is the smallest of the five oceans. The Pacific Ocean is the biggest of the five oceans.
7. The ocean is so deep that in many places light can’t reach the bottom. The ocean is always in motion.
8. The Great Barrier Reef is one of the largest structures on Earth and it is located in the Coral Sea which is in the Pacific Ocean. It is one of the 7 Natural Wonders of the Earth. It is the world’s largest coral reef system. It is located off the coast of Queensland, Australia.
9. There is about 5.25 trillion pieces of plastic waste in the ocean. Please don’t litter or pollute on the beaches. Help keep them clean for our future generation!
Can you share a fact about oceans with us?
Books about the oceans:
1. Explore Earth's Five Oceans by Bobbie Kalman
2. Ocean Anatomy: by Julia Rothman
3. The Fascinating Ocean Book for Kids: by Bethanie Hestermann
4. All the Way to the Ocean by Joel Harper
Parents make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page