May your Tuesday be extra special!!
Do you know what today is? Yes, it is trivia Tuesday!! Are you ready to learn about something exciting?
Joey and Jinger love LEGOS! They love building and making cool things with the LEGOS. Do you like LEGOS? Joey wants to tell you about LEGOS!! Did you know LEGOS were first sold in 1949? A man by the name of Ole Kirk Christiansen began making and selling LEGO bricks in 1949. The LEGOS were first called Automatic Binding Bricks. LEGOS was first introduced to the United States in 1962! LEGOS have come a very long way since they were first made many years ago.
What country is LEGO’S corporate office in? A.) Canada B.) Sweden C.) Denmark D.) Germany
Facts about LEGOS:
1. The LEGO company/group was founded on August 10, 1932. They did not start working on making the LEGO Bricks/Blocks until around 1947. They made and sold wooden toys and other stuff in 1932.
2. The first workshop was located in Billund, Denmark. The workshop started as a very small carpenter’s workshop and now LEGO is one of the world’s largest makers of toys!!
3. The style of LEGO bricks that we know and love today were made in 1958.
4. In the year 2000 the LEGO brick was named the Toy of the Century!! LEGO is one of the world’s top toy companies!
5. On average about 7 LEGO sets are sold every second by retailers all around the world. There are around 20 billion LEGO pieces produced every year. LEGO is one of the biggest toy manufacturers in the world.
6. The largest tower ever built out of LEGOS stands 114 feet 11 inches tall. There is a model of the Star Wars X-wing starfighter built out of LEGOS. It is 42 feet long and the wing span is 44 foot wide. It took more than 30 builders and over 17,000 hours to put it together.
7. There are 10 LEGOLAND theme parks located in different parts of the world. Here are the locations in alphabetical order: Billund, California, Dubai, Florida, Germany, Japan, Korea, New York, Malaysia, and Windsor.
8. And this made me cry with happy tears…. LEGO went and out did themselves again in a very heartfelt beautiful way!! They designed LEGO bricks that are in Braille and they are designed to help teach children that are blind or visually impaired the alphabet! The children will even be able to put the letters together to form words and sentences! LEGO is awesome!!
Share a picture with us of something you have made using LEGOS?
Books about LEGOS:
1. From an Idea to Lego: by Lowey Sichol
2. The Inventors of LEGO® Toys by Erin Hagar
3. Lego Manufacturers: The Kristiansen Family by Lee Slater
4. Everything Is Awesome: A Search-and-Find (LEGO) by Random House
Parents please be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page