Happy Thankful Thursday!!
Today is a great day to be thankful and count all your blessings!! We have so much to be thankful for in this life and sometimes we overlook all the blessings that surround us. So, take a moment and just look around and see how much you have to be thankful for.
We are on letter Qq of the gratitude alphabet. Q is for quarter! What are you thankful for that begins with the letter Q?
Joey is thankful for quarters! Joey loves to save quarters so he can buy a bag of M&M’s. Once he saves enough quarters up, he gets to get himself a bag of M&M’s. Joey wants to tell you about quarters. Did you know the first quarter that was made by the U.S mint was made in 1796? Yep, that was a very long time ago! They were made of silver. From the years of 1796 to 1930 the front (obverse) of the quarter had the Goddess of Liberty on it and the back (reverse) had an eagle in flight on it.
Do you know how many quarters you have to have to make $10.00?
Facts about quarters:
1. One quarters is twenty-five (25) cents. It takes 4 quarters to make $1.00.
2. In 1932 the U.S Mint replaced the Goddess of Liberty with George Washington’s bust on the quarter. On the back there is an eagle. George Washington has appeared on all quarters from 1932 to the present year 2021. The back side of the quarter has changed over the years.
3. In 1965 the U.S. mint stopped making quarters with silver. Quarters after 1965 are made from nickel and copper.
4. From 1999 to 2008 the U.S. mint honored each of the fifty states with a quarter designed for each state.
5. In 2009 the U.S mint made 6 more quarters to honor each of the following U.S territories: Washington D.C., Puerto Rico, Guam, Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands.
6. The United States Mint made about 758,000,000 quarters from January to April of 2021. That is a lot of quarters!!
Books about quarters/money:
1. The Coin Counting Book by Rozanne Williams
2. The History of Money: by Martin Jenkins
3. The Berenstain Bears' Dollars and Sense by Stan Berenstain
4. Money for Beginners by Eddie Reynolds
Parents make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Get a free printable quarter coloring worksheets here: Q is for Quarter
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
Post a Comment