Happy thankful Thursday to you!!
May you have a terrific day!
Today and every day is a good day to count all your blessings that you have been given! Be sure to give thanks for all of those blessing and the lessons that turn into blessings!
We are on letter Yy of the gratitude alphabet. Y is for Yurt! What are you thankful for that begins with the letter Y?
Jinger is grateful for yurts. She thinks they are neat! Do you know what a yurt is? Yurts have been around for thousands of years in Central Asia. A Yurt is kind of like a tent but only round. Nomads use yurts instead of living in a home because yurts are easy to take down and move to a new location. Yurts are still used today. People can take a vacation and stay in a yurt. That would be a fun experience! It would be like camping out in the woods in a tent. Have you ever stayed in a yurt?
Facts about Yurts:
1. Another name for a yurt is ger. A ger is just like a yurt. A ger is the older traditional style of yurt. The Mongolian people call a yurt a ger.
2. Yurts were originally used by people living in Mongolia, Siberia, and Turkey.
3. Yurts are easier to heat than a square house is. Yurts can keep you warm in the winter and cool in the summer with the right equipment. There is usually a fireplace in the middle of the yurt for heating and cooking.
4. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to 4 hours to set up a yurt depending on the size of the yurt and how many people are helping you put it together.
Share a fact about yurts with us?
Get your free printable yurt worksheet here:
Books about Yurts/Gers:
1. Story of the Mongolian Tent House by Dashdondog Jamba
2. Practical Yurts: by Steven Hatch
3. Wonderful Houses Around the World by Yoshio Komatsu
4. A Place Called Home: by Kate Baker
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Saint Patrick’s Day printable is now available!!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated three of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Three of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!