Happy thankful Thursday to you!!
May you have a terrific day!
Don’t forget to count all your blessings that you have been given! Be sure to give thanks for all of those blessing and the lessons that turn into blessings!
We are on the last letter of the gratitude alphabet!! We are on the letter Zz. Z is for Zebra! What are you thankful for that begins with the letter Z?
Zebras are beautiful! Joey and Jinger love zebras. Joey and Jinger love visiting the zebras at the zoo. They think it is neat that zebras look similar to horses. Zebras are closely related to horses and donkeys. Zebras have black and white stripes. Did you know that a group of Zebras is called a dazzle, zest, or herd? Zebras live in herds. Have you ever seen a group of zebras running together? It is very dazzling.
Facts about zebras:
1. Zebras have a black and white mane. The zebra’s mane doesn’t lay flat like a horse’s mane, it stands up like a mohawk. Each zebra’s stripes are in different patterns and unique just like a human’s fingerprints are unique to each individual.
2. The average life span of a zebra in the wild is about 25 years. Zebras can live up to 40 years in captivity (zoo).
3. There are 3 species of zebra, the Grevy's zebra, mountain zebra, and the plains zebra. Zebras come from Africa.
4. Zebras are herbivores. They eat mainly grasses. Sometimes they eat other vegetation like plants, roots, and leaves. They are always moving from place to place to look for more vegetation to eat and to avoid danger.
5. A zebra is a mammal. A baby zebra is called a foal. A female zebra is called a mare. A male zebra is called a stallion.
6. Zebras can run up to 40 miles per hour (MPH). That is pretty fast, but not as fast as horses can run.
7. Zebras can swim. Zebras love water. They prefer shallow water like ponds to swim in.
8. Zebras can sleep while standing up because they have locking joints in their legs. Zebras can also sleep while lying down. They prefer to stand up and sleep in groups during the day and at night they lie down.
9. January 31st of every year is International Zebra Day!!
Share a fact about zebras with us?
Get your free printable zebra worksheet here:
Books about zebras:
1. Facts About the Zebra by Lisa Strattin
2. How the Zebra Got Its Stripes by Justine Fontes
3. Zebras (Elementary Explorers) by Victoria Blakemore
4. Little Zebra by Julie Abery
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my free printable coloring pages and worksheets! Saint Patrick’s Day printable now available!!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated three of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Three of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!
Post a Comment