Hello to you!!
Are you ready to learn something cool?
Joey wants to know if you have ever played Scrabble? Scrabble is a fun game to play with your family and friends. You make words and score points. Did you know that Scrabble was invented by an unemployed architect named Alfred M. Butts? It wasn’t always called Scrabble though. Alfred M. Butts first named the game Lexiko and then it was renamed to Criss Cross Words. Then his friend and business partner came up with the name Scrabble and that is how Scrabble was born.
What is your favorite board game?
Facts about Scrabble:
1. The word game Lexico came out in 1931. Criss Cross Words came out in 1938. In 1948 Criss Cross Words was revamped and renamed as Scrabble.
2. Sometime in the early 1950’s the president of the Macy’s department store acquired the first big order of Scrabble games to sell in the store.
3. By 1954 a little over 3,798,500 Scrabble games were sold. The Scrabble game is now sold in over 120 countries. Over 150 million Scrabble games have been sold all over the world. Scrabble is available in more than 25 different languages. There is even a braille edition for the visually impaired.
4. Scrabble was first sold in Great Britain in 1955.
5. There are 100 tiles in the Scrabble game. 98 of those tiles have letters on them and two tiles are blank.
6. It is believed that Alfred M. Butts was inspired by the crossword puzzles from the New York Times newspaper. The crossword puzzles inspired him to make the game we now know as Scrabble. What a wonderful invention scrabble was and still is today.
7. In 1989 Hasbro acquired the rights to the Scrabble board games.
8. Sometime in 2004, Scrabble was inducted into the National Toy Hall of Fame.
9. The word scrabble means to scratch around with your fingers or grab onto something with your fingers. Sort of like when you reach your hand into the Scrabble bag and pull out which seven (7) tiles you want without seeing what is on them until you put them on the scrabble tile holder.
Share a cool fact about Scrabble with us?
Books about Scrabble:
1. Everything Scrabble b Joe Edley
2. Collins Junior Scrabble Dictionary by Evelyn Goldsmith
3. 2nd Grade Word Scrabble Activity Book by Jupiter Kids
4. Scrabble: First Words by Insight Kids
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! Don’t forget that "One small positive thought can change your whole day."-Zig Ziglar
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.