Are you ready to learn some cool facts?
Have you ever heard about the Rainbow Lorikeet? The Rainbow Lorikeet is from the parrot family. It is a very beautiful and vibrant colored parrot. If you ever visit Australia, Indonesia, or New Guinea you just may be lucky enough to see some Rainbow Lorikeets. As brightly colored as they are they would be hard to miss.
What is your favorite type of bird?
Facts about the Rainbow Lorikeet:
1. There are more than 50 different species of Lorikeets. Here is a list of a few of the different types of Lorikeets:
· The Rainbow Lorikeet
· The Coconut Lorikeet
· The Red Collard Lorikeet
· The Olive Head Lorikeet
· The Ornate Lorikeet
· The Musk Lorikeet
· Purple Crowned Lorikeet
2. The Rainbow Lorikeet is a medium sized parrot and can get up to 12 inches tall. That is the length from the head to the tail. The Rainbow Lorikeet can weigh up to 5 and a half (5 ½) ounces.
3. Some Rainbow Lorikeets can live up to 30 years. The average lifespan of the Rainbow Lorikeet is between 9 to 20 years.
4. Rainbow Lorikeets are herbivores. They eat mostly fruits, nectar, and pollen from flowering plants and trees. They are pollinators.
5. Rainbow Lorikeets are very noisy, social, and active birds. They fly together in groups. A group of Rainbow Lorikeets is sometimes called a flock or a chattering.
6. The female Rainbow Lorikeets can lay between one and three eggs at a time. It takes about 25 days for the eggs to hatch. Once the eggs have hatched both parents will care for the fledglings for the next eight weeks.
Share a fact about Rainbow Lorikeets with us?
Get your free printable Rainbow Lorikeet worksheet here:
Visit my printables section for a wide selection of worksheets and coloring sheets!
Books about Rainbow Lorikeets:
1. Rainbow Lorikeets, The Complete Owner's Guide on How to Care For Rainbow Lorikeets by Rose Sullivan
2. Lorikeets Lorikeets as Pets by Roger Rodendale
3. Rainbow Lorikeet Parrot Daily Care Book by PetCraze Books
4. Facts About The Lorikeets A PICTURE BOOK FOR KIDS by Lisa Strattin
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.”-Dr. Suess
I have made a variety of printables for you. Check them out! They are free. I have some awesome coloring pages and worksheets that you can print out! 4th of July printables now available.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
If you are an author and would like to feature your book on my website, please check out my feature book section here:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series. Her 15-year-old daughter illustrated them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. All four of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million. Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The story and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face and your child will be delighted as you read them the books. The illustrations are adorable and the story is super cute. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books!
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
5. Santa's Rainbow Reindeer coming soon 2022!!