Are you ready to learn some cool facts?
Have you ever heard about the Rainbow Lorikeet? The Rainbow Lorikeet is from the parrot family. It is a very beautiful and vibrant colored parrot. If you ever visit Australia, Indonesia, or New Guinea you just may be lucky enough to see some Rainbow Lorikeets. As brightly colored as they are they would be hard to miss.
What is your favorite type of bird?
Facts about the Rainbow Lorikeet:
1. There are more than 50 different species of Lorikeets. Here is a list of a few of the different types of Lorikeets:
· The Rainbow Lorikeet
· The Coconut Lorikeet
· The Red Collard Lorikeet
· The Olive Head Lorikeet
· The Ornate Lorikeet
· The Musk Lorikeet
· Purple Crowned Lorikeet
2. The Rainbow Lorikeet is a medium sized parrot and can get up to 12 inches tall. That is the length from the head to the tail. The Rainbow Lorikeet can weigh up to 5 and a half (5 ½) ounces.
3. Some Rainbow Lorikeets can live up to 30 years. The average lifespan of the Rainbow Lorikeet is between 9 to 20 years.
4. Rainbow Lorikeets are herbivores. They eat mostly fruits, nectar, and pollen from flowering plants and trees. They are pollinators.
5. Rainbow Lorikeets are very noisy, social, and active birds. They fly together in groups. A group of Rainbow Lorikeets is sometimes called a flock or a chattering.
6. The female Rainbow Lorikeets can lay between one and three eggs at a time. It takes about 25 days for the eggs to hatch. Once the eggs have hatched both parents will care for the fledglings for the next eight weeks.
Share a fact about Rainbow Lorikeets with us?
Get your free printable Rainbow Lorikeet worksheet here:
Visit my printables section for a wide selection of worksheets and coloring sheets!
Books about Rainbow Lorikeets:
1. Rainbow Lorikeets, The Complete Owner's Guide on How to Care For Rainbow Lorikeets by Rose Sullivan
2. Lorikeets Lorikeets as Pets by Roger Rodendale
3. Rainbow Lorikeet Parrot Daily Care Book by PetCraze Books
4. Facts About The Lorikeets A PICTURE BOOK FOR KIDS by Lisa Strattin
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think and twice as beautiful as you’ve ever imagined.”-Dr. Suess
Check these free printables out:
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.
Post a Comment