Good day to you!
Who is ready to learn something cool?
Iguanas are one of the largest lizards in the world. Have you ever seen an Iguana before? Maybe you have held one or had one as a pet? Which ever it may be; keep on reading to learn some cool facts about Iguanas. Did you know that Iguanas have really sharp teeth? It makes ripping apart plants easier for them to eat.
What is your favorite type of reptile?
With your parent/caretaker’s permission you may click on the link below to see some pictures of iguanas: CLICK HERE
Facts about iguanas:
1. Iguanas are large lizards. They are cold blooded reptiles. There are about 30 species of different types of iguanas. Here is a list of some of them:
- Cuban iguanas
- Desert iguanas
- Gau iguanas
- Green iguanas
- Rhinoceros iguanas
- Spiny-Tailed Iguanas
2. Iguanas are herbivores. They eat mostly leaves, flowers, and some fruits.
3. The Green iguanas are the largest species of the iguanas. They can grow up to seven foot (7) long. They can weigh as much as 20 pounds maybe more depending on the gender of the iguana.
4. The blue iguana is one of the rarest type of iguanas. They can get up to about five feet to six feet long and weigh up to 30 pounds maybe more or less depending on the gender.
5. Iguanas are diurnal. Diurnal means they are mostly active during the day time hours.
6. Most iguanas are arboreal. Arboreal means they live in trees or bushes with branches.
7. Iguanas come from warm tropical places like South America, Central America, and some parts of the Caribbeans.
8. Depending on the type of iguana they can live up to 25 years or more in the wild. The oldest living iguana is at the Australia zoo (the Steve Irwin Family). His name is Rhino and he is forty-two (42) years old.
Share a fact about iguanas with us:
Get your free printable iguana coloring sheet here:
Click link below to print out your free worksheet
Visit my printables section for a wide selection of worksheets and coloring sheets!
Books about iguanas:
1. Facts About the Iguana by Lisa Strattin
2. Unbelievable Pictures and Facts About Iguanas by Olivia Greenwood
3. Iguana Coloring Book For Kids by Swim Book House
4. Let's Look at Iguanas by Judith Jango-Cohen
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Short story alert:
Once upon a time there was a baby iguana named Spikey. He was a Spiny-Tailed iguana. He loved the sun and the heat from the sun that warmed his body. Spikey was a cold-blooded reptile. Spikey loved to crawl on the floor of the forest where he lived and he blended in well with the rocks. One day Spikey decided to be a little more adventurous, so he climbed up a tree. He spotted a flower off in the distance to eat. He slowly made his way to the flower and ate it all up. He has never climbed up a tree before. When he tried to get back down the tree to the ground, he got a little nervous. He was not sure how to do it at first. He tried to go straight down. He tried to back down the tree, but everything he tried he just couldn’t seem to get down the tree. Spikey’s Mom and Dad were watching their son from the ground. They let him try to get down the tree for a little while by himself. Spikey’s father soon went up the tree and showed his son how to get back down to the ground. Spikey watched his father go up and down the tree and before you know it Spikey made his way back down the tree to the ground. Spikey never forgot the lesson his dad taught him that day. Spikey’s motto is to live and learn! THE END!
Thanks a million for reading my post!! "Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn."— Benjamin Franklin
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.