Are you ready to learn some cool facts?
Did you know that the first cell phone ever invented weighed about 2.5 pounds? How would you like to carry that around? It was invented by Motorola. Motorola has been around for over 90 years! If you’d like to learn more cool facts about the first cell phone just continue to read on.
Do you have a cell phone?
With your parent/caretaker’s permission you may click on the link below to see a picture of the cell phone: CLICK HERE
Facts about the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X:
1. The Motorola DynaTAC 8000X was invented by Martin Cooper at a company that was founded in September of 1928. The company’s name was Galvin Manufacturing Corporation and later on it changed its name to Motorola. Martin Cooper led the team of engineers at Motorola that helped him design the very first cell phone. The cell phone was being developed from about 1968 to 1983/84.
2. One of Motorola’s engineers and the designer of the first cell phone, Martin Cooper, placed the first public call on the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X on 6th Street in Manhattan, New York. The call was made on April 3, 1973. Martin Cooper is said to be the father of the handheld cell phone.
3. The Motorola DynaTAC 8000X weighed about 2 and a half pounds (2.5lbs). It was about 10 inches long. It’s a good thing that technology has advanced and cell phones are much easier to handle.
4. The Motorola DynaTAC 8000X wasn’t released to the public until 1983/84, and it came with a huge price tag of about $3,995.00 dollars.
5. It took about ten (10) hours to fully charge the Motorola DynaTAC 8000X’s battery and that only provided about thirty (30) minutes of time to talk.
6. The Motorola DynaTac 8000X cell phone was a series of cellphones that were released to the public between 1983 to 1994.
7. Rudy Krolopp, John Francis Mitchell, and Martin Cooper was all a team of engineers who helped design the Motorola DynaTac 8000X cell phone.
Share a cool fact about cell phones with us:
Get your free printable Cell phone coloring sheet here:
Click link below to print out your free worksheet
Visit my printables section for a wide selection of worksheets and coloring sheets!
Books about cell phones:
1. Noah's New Phone by Dina Alexander
2. Floof Wants A Phone by Jade Maitre
3. First Phone by Catherine Pearlman
4. Cutting the Cord by Martin Cooper (teachers)
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Short story alert:
Once upon a time there was a little girl. She was 10 years old and she wanted her very own cell phone just like her big brother had. Her big brother was 16 and he had a part time job after school. She asked her parents why she didn’t have a cell phone and they told her she wasn’t old enough just yet for the responsibilities of having her own cell phone. Her parents explained the dangers of having a cell phone and the advantages of having a cell phone to her. Her parents said right now the dangers outweigh the advantages. The little girl was satisfied with the explanation. The little girl sat on her bed and wondered how she could be more responsible. She thought of things she could do to be more helpful around the house. She even cleaned her room so her parents didn’t have to. She picked up all her clothes and put them in her laundry basket and took it to the laundry room. She even asked her parents to take her to the library so she could read books about cell phones and internet safety for a child. She learned a great deal about responsibilities and cell phone safety. As the months went by her parents were impressed with how much more responsible, she was becoming. THE END! By Mimi Jones
Thanks a million for reading today's post!! If you find a mistake, please let me know. "Wisdom is not a product of schooling but of the lifelong attempt to acquire it." — Albert Einstein
Check these free printables out:
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.nd basic rhyming.
This is a cute little story. It teaches about responsibility. I enjoyed reading it.ReplyDelete