Happy Fact or Fiction Friday!! Joey says…. Have a great day!!
Joey and Jinger love French Fries! Do you think French Fries came from France?
First let me tell you about what fact and fiction are!
A fact is something that is true and you can prove that it is true.
Fiction is something that is imaginary and it can’t be proven real.
Now let me tell you where French Fries came from! They originated in Belgium. Belgium is a Country in Western Europe. History states that the people of Belgium have been frying potatoes since the late 1600s. The French Fries were originally called Pomme de Terre Frittes. They say the name French Fries was given to the Pomme de Terre Frittes by American Soldiers who were in Belgium during World War one. The soldiers named them French Fries because the Belgians that introduced them to the French Fries spoke French!
Here are some facts about French Fries:
1. French Fries did not come from France.
2. French Fries are also called Chips or Frites depending on what part of the world you are in.
3. There is a museum called Frietmuseum that is dedicated to French Fries in Belgium.
4. President Thomas Jefferson introduced Americans to French Fries.
5. July 13 is national French Fry Day!!
6. Thick cut fries have less fat than thin cut ones.
Here is a list of books about French Fries and Fact or Fiction:
1. Chip and Curly by Cathy Breisacher
2. 5000 Amazing Facts by Parragon Books
3. Introducing French Fry Guy by Steve Rachwal
4. Chips or Fries? by Lisa Lewison
My book JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, and Target. The second book in the series JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S is now available on Amazon.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page