Happy Thankful Thursday!!
Wishing you a day filled with much love, kindness, and thankfulness.
We are on letter Jj of the Gratitude Alphabet! J is for Jelly!
Joey is thankful for Jelly! He loves Jelly on his toast! He loves Jelly and peanut butter sandwiches the most!
What are you thankful for that begins with the letter J?
Facts about Jelly:
1. Jelly is a fruit spread.
2. Jelly is made from fruit juices and Jam is made from crushed fruit.
3. The most popular jelly flavor is strawberry. What is your favorite?
4. Jelly comes in many flavors.
5. The word jelly derives from the Old French word gelee, which means to congeal.
6. There are over 185 different types of jellies, jams, and marmalades.
7. The first jelly and peanut butter sandwich recipe appeared in 1901 in a Boston Cooking School Magazine. The recipe was written by Julia Davis Chandler.
Books about Jelly:
1. PB and J: Two Friends in a Jam! by Gio Velino
2. Peanut Butter & Jellyous: by Michael Genhart PhD
3. The Jelly Donut Difference: by Maria Dismondy
4. Jams and Jellies: by Jennifer Williams
5. Jam and Jelly Book: by Brendan Fawn
6. 175 Best Jams, Jellies, Marmalades by Linda Amendt
Parents please make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
My book JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE is available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Books A Million, and Target. The second book in the series JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S is now available on Amazon.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page