Happy weird and wacky Wednesday!! May your day be wonderful!
Are you ready to learn? It is good to learn something new today and every day!! Have you ever heard about the Venus Flytrap? Jinger would like to tell you about the Venus Flytrap! The Venus Flytrap is a carnivorous plant! Carnivorous means that it eats meat! The Venus Flytrap plant can eat small frogs and insects. The Venus Flytrap can snap its trap closed in seconds making it easy for it to catch insect to eat! Venus Flytraps are harmless to humans and is a safe plant to grow in your home. They will eat spiders and flies that get in your home.
What is your favorite type of plant?
Facts about the Venus Flytrap:
1. Venus Flytraps can grow between 5 to 12 inches tall and about 5 to 9 inches in diameter. The Venus Flytraps are native and only grow naturally in North and South Carolina. They grow in the coastal bogs and swampy areas of North and South Carolina. The Venus Flytrap plants have been successfully transplanted and grown in different places around the world.
2. The Venus Flytrap has leaves that are able to close shut like a clam shell does. Along the edges of the hinged leaves are a bunch of spiny long thin teeth.
3. The Venus Flytrap plants can grow beautiful white flowers during the spring and summer months.
4. There is only one species of the Venus Flytrap!
5. Venus Flytrap plants can change color if they are not getting enough sunlight or nutrients. If the plant is healthy, it will have very bright green coloring of its leaves and a reddish coloring inside the traps.
6. The Venus Flytrap is listed as vulnerable on the endangered species list. It is listed as vulnerable because of over collection and habitat destruction.
Can you share a fact about Venus Flytrap plants with us?
Books about Venus Flytraps:
1. Hungry Plants by Mary Batten
2. Venus Flytrap - A Science Guide for Kids by Kathleen Honda
3. Carnivorous Plants by Dan Torre
4. Inspector Flytrap by Tom Angleberger
Parents/caretakers make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page