Happy Thankful Thursday!!
Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving filled with lots of love, family, friends, and good food!! Enjoy your day and don’t forget to be grateful!
We are on letter Mm of the gratitude alphabet! M is for Moon.
WHAT ARE YOU THANKFUL THAT BEGINS WITH THE LETTER M?
Joey is thankful for the Moon! Did you know that the moon is why we have tides (waves) in the ocean? Yes, it is called the Tidal Force. With Earth’s gravity, the sun, and the gravitational pull from the moon the high and low tides are created.
Facts about the Moon:
1. Earth’s gravitational pull holds the moon in place.
2. If you look at the moon you can see the surface of the moon has light and dark spots. The dark areas on the moon are young plains called Maria which is Latin for seas. Those dark areas are seas of solidified (dried) lava. The light areas on the moon’s surface are mountains called Highlands.
3. The Moon is Earth’s one and only natural satellite. A natural satellite is when a smaller body (the moon) orbits around a larger body (the earth). It takes about one month for the moon to orbit around earth. While the moon is orbiting the earth the earth is orbiting the sun. The moon is a satellite object not a planet.
4. There is water (ice) on the moon and that water (ice) is called Lunar Water!
5. The moon has moonquakes just like the earth has earthquakes, but the moonquakes aren’t as strong as the earthquakes. A moonquake can last up to 2 minutes sometimes longer.
6. One day on the moon is about 29 earth days.
7. The moon does not have seasons like earth does.
8. Lunar dust also called moon dust is soil on the moon’s surface.
Can you share a fact about the moon with us?
Books about the moon:
1. I Am the Moon: by Rebecca McDonald
2. Moon! Earth's Best Friend by Stacy McAnulty
3. So That's How the Moon Changes Shape! by Allan Fowler
4. What is the Moon? by Katie Daynes
Parents make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Get your moon coloring worksheet by clicking here:
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated two of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Two of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR coming soon!!
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming soon in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page