Wishing you a very happy
Today, I thought I would blog
about some Christmas stuff. Joey wants to tell you about Reindeer also
known as Caribou. The Caribou are wild and native to Northern North America the
Reindeer are domesticated and native to Northern Europe and Asia. Reindeer are a
species of the deer family. Magical Reindeer pull Santa’s sleigh through the
night sky on Christmas Eve! Santa and his Reindeer go to each house so he can
leave gifts for the children. Only Santa’s Reindeer are able to fly because
they are magical. Did you know that all Santa’s Reindeer are female? Scientist
say that Santa’s Reindeer are all female. Male Reindeer lose their antlers in
the winter and females don’t lose theirs until the spring time. So, Santa's reindeer have to be female reindeer because they still have their antlers while flying Santa's sleigh.
What do you put out for Santa and his Reindeer to eat on
Here is a list of Santa’s Reindeer in Alphabetical order:
Blitzen, Comet, Cupid, Dancer, Dasher, Donner, Prancer, Rudolph,
Here is a list of Santa's Rainbow Reindeer in alphabetical order:
Facts about Reindeer:
1. Both the male and female Reindeers grow antlers.
2. Reindeers are herbivores. They eat grasses, herb, mosses,
fungi, lichen, leaves, and other types of vegetation.
3. Reindeer have a four-chamber stomach. The four chambers of
the Reindeer’s stomach are called: Rumen, Reticulum, Omasum, and Abomasum.
4. Male Reindeers are called a bull or a stag. Female Reindeers
are called cows. A baby Reindeer is called a calf. A group of Reindeer are
called herds. Reindeers travel and sleep in herds of 10 to as many as 500,000
reindeers. Some Reindeer herds are larger depending on what part of the world
they live in.
5. Reindeers are very strong animals with very strong and
powerful legs. Reindeers can run at speeds of up to 20 to 48 miles per hour.
6. Reindeer can swim when they need to cross the water. They
can swim at speeds of up to 5 miles per hour sometimes maybe a little faster
7. The height of a Reindeer measures about 3 to 5 feet tall from
hooves to shoulders. They can weigh as much as 500 pounds.
8. Reindeer can live up to 10 or more years in the wild and up
to 20 years in captivity.
9. Reindeer prefer to live in cold climates like Alaska,
Northern North America, Europe, and Northern Asia.
Books about Reindeer:
1. Remarkable Reindeer by Jeff Bauer
2. Facts About the Reindeer by Lisa Strattin
3. The Wild Christmas Reindeer by Jan Brett
4. Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer by Robert L. May
5. 'Twas the Night Before Christmas: A 21st Century
Retelling by Angela Nixon
Parents/caretakers make sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
have written 6 children’s books. My 14 now 16-year-old daughter
illustrated all of them. All six f my books are available on Amazon.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming soon
5. Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
6. Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be? Coming soon!
Thank you for reading my post!
my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Thanksgiving and Christmas coloring
sheets now available!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways,
learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page