Happy thankful Thursday!!
May you have a terrific day!
Today and every day is a good day to count all the blessings you have been giving and be sure to give thanks for all of those blessing!
BE KIND! BE THANKFUL! BE HAPPY!
We are on letter Xx of the gratitude alphabet. X is for X-ray! What are you thankful for that begins with the letter X?
Did you know that the X in X-ray stands for unknown? Just like the X in math means that the value is not yet known! Joey wants to tell you about the X-ray and who discovered it! X-ray machines take pictures of your skeletal system! An Xray is a good way to determine if your bone has been fractured. On November 8, 1895 Wilhelm Roentgen discovered the X-ray! William Roentgen was a German scientist. Nikola Tesla actually discovered the X-ray, but he gives full credit to Wilhelm Roentgen.
Facts about the Xray:
1. X-rays allow us to see into space. Telescopes that can detect X-rays have been launched into space making it easy for scientist to see our solar system.
2. X-rays have helped scientist to detect the structure of DNA.
3. X-rays were used to treat tuberculosis.
4. An X-ray allows doctors to be able to see your lungs, bones, teeth, and other body structures. They can even use X-rays on animals and paintings.
5. An X-ray machine was introduced to the public in the 1904 World’s Fair.
6. Many airports use X-rays to screen luggage.
7. In the 1940’s some shoe stores used an X-ray machine to help fit people with the correct size shoes. X-ray machines were also used as an attraction in traveling fairs, circuses, and carnivals.
8. X-rays are electromagnetic radiation. It is an energy that is capable of passing through certain objects.
9. Here is a list of some medical X-ray imaging in alphabetical order:
Computed Tomography- can see the internal organs of the body.
Dental cone beam Computed Tomography- can produce 3D images of teeth and other stuff in the mouth
Fluoroscopy- can show real time images of internal, organs, and tissues of the body, while moving through the machine.
Mammography- this form of X-ray can detect breast cancer.
Radiography- X-rays that can see bones, tissues, and other bodily structure.
Can you share a fact about X-rays with us?
Get a free printable X is for X-ray worksheet here:
Books about X-rays:
1. Andy's X-ray: by Wendy Hall
2. Jessica's X-Ray by Pat Zonta
3. Inside Your Outside: by Tish Rabe
4. X-Ray Machines by Joanne Mattern
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Check out my printable coloring pages and worksheets! Valentine’s Day and Saint Patrick’s Day printables are now available!!
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
I have written 4 children’s books so far. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated three of them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Three of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO coming in 2022!!
Thank you for reading my post!!