Are you ready to learn some cool facts? Learning is good for you. Learning keeps your brain in shape. Your brain is like a computer, it holds a lot of information.
Today we are going to learn facts about McDonald’s. Did you know that McDonald’s started in 1940 in San Bernardino, California by two brothers named Richard and Maurice McDonald? Yep, that is how McDonald's got started. The brothers opened their first drive thru McDonald's restaurant in 1940. In 1961 a man named Ray Croc bought McDonald's from the brothers.
What is your favorite meal from McDonald's?
Facts about McDonald’s:
1. The very first McDonald’s menu only had nine (9) items on it. Here is a list of those nine (9) items:
- Pure Beef Hamburger 15¢
- Tempting Cheeseburger 19¢
- Triple-Thick Shakes 20¢
- Golden French Fries 10¢
- Thirst Quenching Coke 10¢
- Delightful Rootbeer 10¢
- Steaming Hot Coffee 10¢
- Full-Flavor Orange Drink 10¢
- Refreshing Cold Milk 12¢
2. Stanley Clark Meston was an architect who designed the Golden Arches for the McDonald’s brothers.
3. The Big Mac was first sold in 1967 at a McDonald’s in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. It was forty-five (45) cents. Michael James Delligatti is the creator of the Big Mac. About 550 million Big Macs are sold each year.
4. The Happy Meal was first sold in 1979. It sold for one dollar and ten cents (1.10). It came with a burger, fries, a drink, cookies, and a toy. Bob Bernstein came up with the idea of the Happy Meal. McDonald’s sells around 1 billion Happy Meals each year.
5. McDonald’s is very popular! There are over 36,500 McDonald’s all over the world. There are 9 countries that have banned McDonald’s. Here is a list of the nine countries:
6. A McDonald's in Sedona, Arizona has the world's only turquoise arches. The reason why is they didn’t want the golden arches to clash with the surrounding environment they wanted the arches to blend in with the area.
7. McDonald’s made over 23 billion dollars in 2021. French fries are McDonald’s number one (1) selling item. The number two best (2) selling item is the Big Mac.
8. In 1962 a man named Louis M. Groen invented the Filet-O-Fish sandwich in his McDonald's in Cincinnati, Ohio. The rest of America was introduced to the Filet-O-Fish in 1965 and it sold for twenty-nine (29) cents. Around 300 million Filet-O-Fish sandwiches are sold each year. The original price of the Filet-O-Fish was twenty-nine (29) cents.
9. In 2020 McDonald’s donated about 145 million dollars to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
10. The second/first adult Happy Meal was introduced on October 1, 2022. It was a limited edition release collaboration with the Cactus Plant Flea Market. There was also a healthy version of an adult happy meal that was released in 2004.
Share a cool fact or memory about McDonald's with us?
Books about McDonald’s:
1. Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's by Ray Kroc
2. McDonald's Happy Meal Toys from the Eighties by Joyce Losonsky
3. Ronald McDonald and the tale of the talking plant by John Albano
4. A Visit to the Doctor with Ronald McDonald by Ronald McDonald House
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! Don’t forget that "One small positive thought can change your whole day."-Zig Ziglar
I have made a variety of printables for you. Check them out! They are free. I have some awesome coloring pages and worksheets that you can print out! 4th of July printables now available.
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun
Follow me on Instagram
Like and follow my author page
If you are an author and would like to feature your book on my website, please check out my feature book section here:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel
I’m the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series. My 15-year-old daughter illustrated them and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. All four of them are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million. Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The story and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face and your child will be delighted as you read them the books. The illustrations are adorable and the story is super cute. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books!
1. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
2. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
3. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
4. JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO