Are you ready to learn some cool facts? Learning is good for you. Learning keeps your brain in shape. Your brain is like a computer, it holds a lot of information.
Today we are going to learn facts about McDonald’s. Did you know that McDonald’s started in 1940 in San Bernardino, California by two brothers named Richard and Maurice McDonald? Yep, that is how McDonald's got started. The brothers opened their first drive thru McDonald's restaurant in 1940. In 1961 a man named Ray Croc bought McDonald's from the brothers.
What is your favorite meal from McDonald's?
Facts about McDonald’s:
1. The very first McDonald’s menu only had nine (9) items on it. Here is a list of those nine (9) items:
- Pure Beef Hamburger 15¢
- Tempting Cheeseburger 19¢
- Triple-Thick Shakes 20¢
- Golden French Fries 10¢
- Thirst Quenching Coke 10¢
- Delightful Rootbeer 10¢
- Steaming Hot Coffee 10¢
- Full-Flavor Orange Drink 10¢
- Refreshing Cold Milk 12¢
2. Stanley Clark Meston was an architect who designed the Golden Arches for the McDonald’s brothers.
3. The Big Mac was first sold in 1967 at a McDonald’s in Uniontown, Pennsylvania. It was forty-five (45) cents. Michael James Delligatti is the creator of the Big Mac. About 550 million Big Macs are sold each year.
4. The Happy Meal was first sold in 1979. It sold for one dollar and ten cents (1.10). It came with a burger, fries, a drink, cookies, and a toy. Bob Bernstein came up with the idea of the Happy Meal. McDonald’s sells around 1 billion Happy Meals each year.
5. McDonald’s is very popular! There are over 36,500 McDonald’s all over the world. There are 9 countries that have banned McDonald’s. Here is a list of the nine countries:
6. A McDonald's in Sedona, Arizona has the world's only turquoise arches. The reason why is they didn’t want the golden arches to clash with the surrounding environment they wanted the arches to blend in with the area.
7. McDonald’s made over 23 billion dollars in 2021. French fries are McDonald’s number one (1) selling item. The number two best (2) selling item is the Big Mac.
8. In 1962 a man named Louis M. Groen invented the Filet-O-Fish sandwich in his McDonald's in Cincinnati, Ohio. The rest of America was introduced to the Filet-O-Fish in 1965 and it sold for twenty-nine (29) cents. Around 300 million Filet-O-Fish sandwiches are sold each year. The original price of the Filet-O-Fish was twenty-nine (29) cents.
9. In 2020 McDonald’s donated about 145 million dollars to the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
10. The second/first adult Happy Meal was introduced on October 1, 2022. It was a limited edition release collaboration with the Cactus Plant Flea Market. There was also a healthy version of an adult happy meal that was released in 2004.
Share a cool fact or memory about McDonald's with us?
Books about McDonald’s:
1. Grinding It Out: The Making of McDonald's by Ray Kroc
2. McDonald's Happy Meal Toys from the Eighties by Joyce Losonsky
3. Ronald McDonald and the tale of the talking plant by John Albano
4. A Visit to the Doctor with Ronald McDonald by Ronald McDonald House
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Thank you for reading my post!! Don’t forget that "One small positive thought can change your whole day."-Zig Ziglar
Check these free printables out:
Joey Saves The Day Facebook group:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book here:
Mimi is the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series and other titles. She loves learning, reading, drawing, and writing. She is a homeschool mother of two children and she has two adult children that have already left the nest. Her beautiful and brilliant 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. Her daughter started illustrating the series when she was just 14 years old. Her daughter loves to draw and is learning as she goes. Her daughter’s dream is to one day become a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help Mimi make her daughter’s dreams a reality!
Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The stories and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face. The books will spark your child’s imagination, and they will be delighted as you read to them. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. Plus, the books are a great source of learning and an easy way to teach your child how to read. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All six of Mimi’s books are available on Amazon and most other places books are sold.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun; the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.
Where, Oh, Where, Could My Dinosaur Be?
A little boy misplaces his stuffed dinosaur and needs your help to find it. Join the little boy on his hunt through his house to find his missing dinosaur. This book will stimulate your child's imagination. It will help teach them left and right learning and basic rhyming.
Post a Comment