Happy day to you!
Are you ready to learn some cool facts?
Have you ever seen a Chameleon before? Did you know that Chameleons are a type of lizard? They are a pretty cool hot-blooded reptile. Chameleons come in many different sizes, shapes, and colors. Chameleons are capable of changing their skin color. They don’t necessarily change their skin color to blend in though. They change their skin color for many reasons such as to maintain a proper body temperature and to communicate. Chameleons are colorful and unique! If you would like to learn more cool facts about Chameleons continue reading on.
What is your most favorite type of reptile?
With your parent/caretaker’s permission you may click on the link below to see some pictures about Iguanas: CLICK HERE
Quick facts about Chameleons:
1. Chameleons are cold-blooded reptiles. There are more than 145 species of Chameleons. Here is a list of some of the different types:
- Common chameleons
- Cape dwarf chameleons
- Chapman's pygmy
- Graceful chameleon
- Jeweled chameleon
- Parson's chameleon
- Panther chameleon
- Veiled chameleon
2. Most chameleons are omnivores (insectivores). Chameleons eat insects like grasshoppers, crickets, worms, and various other insects. Some chameleons eat plant vegetation.
3. The Parson's chameleon is the largest of the chameleons. Depending on the gender they can grow to about 28 inches long and weigh as much as two pounds (2lbs).
4. The Brookesia nana is the smallest of the chameleons. It was discovered in 2021 by German researchers. Depending on the gender it can grow to be about an inch long. It can't weigh much because it is very tiny. It could possibly be the smallest reptile in the world.
5. The Chapman's pygmy is one of the rarest chameleons in the world. They are very tiny but not as small as the Brookesia nana.
6. Chameleons are diurnal. Diurnal means they are mostly active during daytime hours.
7. Most chameleons are arboreal. Arboreal means they prefer to live in trees. Not all chameleons prefer to live in trees though, some like to live on the forest/desert floor.
8. Chameleons live in the rain forest and places that have high temperatures like the desert. Most chameleons come from Africa and Asia. There are a lot of species of chameleons in Madagascar.
Share a cool fact about chameleons with us:
Get your free printable Chameleon coloring sheet here:
Click link below to print out your free worksheet
Visit my printables section for a wide selection of worksheets and coloring sheets!
Books about Chameleons:
1. Chameleons Are Cool by Martin Jenkins
2. Born To Stand Out by Nikki Rogers
3. National Geographic Readers Animals That Change Color by Libby Romero
4. A Color of His Own by Leo Lionni
Parents/caretakers be sure books are child friendly before reading them to your child/children.
Short story alert:
Once upon a time there was a tiny Brookesia nana chameleon. His name was Frankie. He had a friend named Fancy who was a Parson’s chameleon. They lived in a hot forest in Madagascar. Whenever he looked at Fancy, he thought he must be just as big and as colorful as she was and when Fancy looked at him, she thought she must be as small and as beautiful as Frankie was. You see there were no mirrors in the forest where they lived so they could not see what they really looked like. Frankie thought he could do all the things Fancy could do, but he was so small that it took him twice as long to complete such a task as climbing a tree. Fancy thought she could do everything Frankie did but she was too big to fit in the tiny crevices that Frankie could crawl in. They grew together and loved one another and never even knew they were different because when they looked at each other they never seen their self. They just thought they looked like each other. Imagine our world with no mirrors. THE END! By Mimi Jones
I have made a variety of printables for you. Check them out, they are free:
Join my Joey Saves The Day group on Facebook for giveaways, learning, and fun:
Follow me on Instagram:
Like and follow my author page:
Feature your book on my website here:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel:
I'm Mimi, the author of the JOEY SAVES THE DAY! book series. I love reading, writing, teaching, and learning. I homeschool my two youngest children. My 16-year-old daughter illustrated the books and will illustrate all the rest of them in the series. She started illustrating the series when she was 14 years old. She loves to draw. She is learning as she goes. Her dream is to one day be a famous illustrator and a fantasy book writer. Help me make my daughter’s dreams a reality and watch how her illustrations evolve over time! Children and adults everywhere will love these books. The story and illustrations within the pages of the books will put a big smile on your face and your child will be delighted as you read them the books. The illustrations are adorable and the stories are super cute. You don’t want to miss out on the opportunity to own this collection of adorable books! All five of the books are available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Target, Walmart, and Books A Million.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT DAYCARE
Delilah doesn't want to stay at daycare. So, Joey helps his friend Delilah feel happy by doing silly things to make her laugh at daycare. They have so much fun the day is over in a flash!
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! AT MEMAW’S
Joey helps his Memaw find something she is missing and its right there in plain sight. Some of us have done this before! Join Joey in this funny and cute quest to find his Memaw's eyeglasses.
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! THE MISSING TEDDY BEAR
Joey helps his sister find her missing teddy bear. They look everywhere. I bet you can't guess where Joey and Jinger find the missing teddy bear?
JOEY SAVES THE DAY! LOST AT THE ZOO
Joey 's father gets lost while they are visiting the seven continents at the zoo. Come on this adorable adventure with Joey and his family as they visit each of the seven continents at the zoo!
Santa's Rainbow Reindeer
Join Harry and Holly Jingles as they introduce us to Santa's Rainbow Reindeer. Learn about them one by one. The Rainbow Reindeer help your children get ready for bed so Santa can bring them gifts when they are all tucked in their bed and sound asleep. This book is interactive.